Kim Gonzalez, who is an Environmental Science major at SUNY Binghamton, became our first Tom Boothe Adirondack Intern this summer. During her ten weeks with
Beyond the Peaks Student Film Festival was a project of AdkAction from 2019-2021 that celebrated student creativity and talent and gave students a chance to win prizes and have their voices heard in their community.
Sign Up to Receive
- Film Submission Link & Instructions
- Alerts and Deadline Reminders
- Periodic Filmmaking Resources and Tips leading up to the festival
- Invitation to the Awards Ceremony
- Notification of Future Festivals
Now Accepting Submissions
Students will upload video submissions online through Launchpad, a digital film contest platform donated by Skills21 at EdAdvance, an Educational Nonprofit based in Connecticut. All New York State high school students are eligible to enter. The deadline for submissions is noon on Friday, April 23, 2021 and participation is free.
Submission Instructions for Student Films
- Sign up to receive email notifications about the festival
- Register for the festival on Launchpad at Beyondthepeaks.skills21.org
- Review the film categories and requirements in Launchpad
- Choose which category you wish to enter
- Create your film
- Upload your film to Google Drive
- Enter your film using the shareable Google Drive Link on Launchpad
Other News and Events
Support this project
Help us create and expand opportunities for young people interested in filmmaking or digital storytelling by making a gift to our Beyond the Peaks project fund.