How Do We Choose AdkAction Projects?
AdkAction Project Selection Criteria
- When choosing our focus here at AdkAction, there are certain criteria that we look for as an organization. To start, the project must meet AdkAction’s mission statement criteria below:
- Does it promote vibrant communities?
- Does it meet unmet needs?
- Does it enhance the environment of the Adirondacks?
2. Does the project appear to be financially “doable”? Have funding sources been adequately identified?
3. Have the risks associated with the project been identified? Can they be mitigated to the Board’s satisfaction?
4. Will there be enough volunteer support to make this project successful?
5. Is this a project on which we would be proud to see the AdkAction logo prominently displayed?
6. Does this project have measurable outcomes? How will we know if the project is successful?
7. Finally, does this project work to support UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals? The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustinable future for all. They address the global challanges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice.
AdkAction Project Proposal Process
1. The project idea is conceived by a current AdkAction member or Board member. The idea must be proposed by a Board member if conceived by anyone else.
2. The project idea is written down in the project proposal format (see below), and submitted by a Board member for consideration at a Board meeting, or via e-mail if the next Board meeting it not timely enough.
3. The Board must pass a motion of support for the concept of the project, authorizing that further study, analysis, budget information, funding possibilities, etc. can be undertaken. The project is not yet approved.
4. After vetting the project as fully as practicable, the project is brought before the Board for approval. If Board questions are still to be answered, they must be answered before final approval by Board vote. Approval can be the form “Approved pending successful resolution of XXX issue or question”. Resolution can be at the next Board meeting or via e-mail.
AdkAction Project Proposal Format
Before any project will be considered by the AdkAction Board of Directors, the following proposal form must be submitted.
2. What are the primary goals of the project, and how can success be measured?
3. What are the expected benefits of the project, and for whom?
4. Describe how the project meets the selection criteria (listed above).
5. AdkAction Mission Criteria: How does the project address unment need, promote vibrant communities, and preserve the character of the Adirondacks?
6. Financial information: How much with this project cost and how might we be able to find funding?
a. Are there risks? Can they be mitigated?
b. Who will manage the project and who will do the work?
7. Why should we be proud of the project?
8. Is there any other information we need to know about this project?
If you are a member and would like to submit a project proposal, please email your proposal to email@example.com.