How We Collect Information
AdkAction collects personal information to provide and improve our Services. We may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you and other customers through interactions with and use of our Services. For example, we collect personal information when you sign-up for our Services.
- From our service providers who provide services on our behalf. For example, processing payments or managing our online services.
- From government agencies or public records.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (such as name, email address, mailing address, shipping address, IP address, phone number, or other similar identifiers).
- Financial records (such as credit card information for our giving program)
- Personal records (such as your photo, signature, account username and password).
- Employment information (such as occupation, title, education).
- Online usage data (such as Internet and other electronic network activity information).
- Geolocation information (such as city, state, country)
- Inferences drawn from personal information that may reflect preferences, interests, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes, and abilities.
In addition to the above categories, you may otherwise choose to provide us with additional pieces of personal information, such as when you fill in a form, provide comments or feedback, or submit an application for employment. The specific pieces of personal information that AdkAction collects depends on your interactions with us and the Services you choose to use with us.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment and Responding to Requests. We may use personal information to fulfill requests and perform and administer our Services.
- Protection and Security. We may use personal information to protect the security and integrity of our Services, and for the protection of AdkAction, our users, and others.
- Responding to your inquiries. We may use personal information to respond to questions.
- Payment. We may use financial information to complete requested transactions.
- Communications. We may use personal information to send important information regarding our Services, such as changes to our programs or policies. You may not opt-out of receiving certain communications when the information is necessary to providing our Services to you (including messages related to your account, such as password reset requests). In the event you choose to subscribe to any optional marketing-related communications, you may opt-out or unsubscribe at any time.
- Forums, Blogs, Chats. If you interact with our Services such as forums, blogs, or chats, we may use your personal information to enable you to view, post, edit, and interact with messages. AdkAction is not responsible for any personal information you provide publicly or to third parties.
- Research. We may use your personal information for market research, including to administer surveys, programs, and compile databases.
- Business Purposes. We may use personal information for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, compiling statistics, developing new offerings, improving our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Services, and creating aggregated, pseudonymized, or anonymized information to provide insights to clients.
- Legal and Regulatory. We may use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, defend ourselves or prosecute claims, and to prevent fraud, suspicious, or other illegal activities.
With Whom Do We Share Information
AdkAction does not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with service providers that we hire to assist with running our business and providing our Services, including, but not limited to, payment processing, IT services, data analysis, and other similar services (such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, and PayPal). We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, AdkAction may transfer information that we collect from users or offline to a third party.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose personal information about you, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and/or to respond to the valid legal process.
In addition, your information, including personal information may be transferred to, and maintained, on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
We have put in place reasonable technical and information safety safeguards that comply with applicable law in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use.
While it is our practice to take reasonable steps to secure each webpage that collects information, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the internet is not guaranteed. We encourage you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
You may have certain rights and choices as it pertains to your personal information, including the right:
- To know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for the processing of personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom your personal information was shared;
- To request deletion of personal information;
- To opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- To non-discrimination based on the exercise of your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of your applicable rights, please contact us at [email protected]. Once your identity and request is verified, we will begin processing your request and respond promptly.
Before AdkAction is able to process your request, we are required by law to verify your identity to ensure you are the person from whom we collected personal information. If you are an authorized agent or parent/guardian making a request on behalf of a consumer or your child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity or an exemption applies. If we deny your request, we will explain the reason in our response. In the event your request is incomplete or deficient, we will make efforts to inform you how it may be corrected. We keep record of requests for at least 24 months as required by law.
AdkAction will not restrict or deny you access to our services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information.
Do Not Track (“DNT”): While some browsers have DNT features that allow you to tell a website not to track you, AdkAction does not currently honor DNT signals. Please be aware that limiting the ability of certain website technologies may limit your experience.
California “Shine the Light” Disclosure: If you are a California resident, you are entitled to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. AdkAction does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- [email protected]
- PO Box 64, Keeseville, NY 12944
- (518) 856-3233