The Operations Assistant (part-time, 24 hours per week) is an integral member of the AdkAction team, providing assistance with daily operations of the organization. This person will work directly with the Executive Director to assist with email correspondence, record-keeping, support scheduling, and execute our gratitude protocol to help all AdkAction members and donors feel appreciated.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dedicated person to help grow the impact of AdkAction in the Adirondack region. The right candidate will represent the organization in an authentic and positive manner and work efficiently to ensure great interactions with members, donors, partners, and the community at large.
AdkAction is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to create projects that address unmet needs, promote vibrant communities, and preserve the character of the Adirondacks. We are funded by our members, who pay annual or monthly dues to support our work, and by grants and program revenue.
Current projects include: conserving habitat for pollinators, increasing local food access through our Farmacy project, increasing broadband internet access, reducing road salt pollution, creating a whitewater park in Saranac Lake, promoting local artists through Plein Air Painting Festivals, and the Beyond the Peaks Student Film Festival.
- 24-hours per week
- Office located at 1745 Main Street, Keeseville, NY 12944.
- The successful applicant will be required to work from the office at least one day per week.
- The successful applicant must be a full-time resident of the Adirondacks.
- Pay rate of $17 – $23 per hour depending on experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Dedication to the Adirondack region and an authentic passion for improving its communities and natural resources
- 3 + years professional experience, nonprofit experience preferred
- 4-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent verbal, writing, and web site maintenance skills
- Experience with social media and event promotion
- Some graphic design experience or ability to create attractive posts and blog graphics
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including mail merge
- Experience using Quickbooks
- Experience updating websites using WordPress
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and experience in a collaborative setting
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to attend evening and weekend events as needed
- Manage AdkAction’s shared Google Drive folders, keeping all files organized and complete in a timely manner.
- Support Executive Director by assisting with emails, scheduling, agendas, and note-taking.
- Design and execute a communications calendar, including a schedule for our newsletters, e-blasts, event promotion and reminders, and important updates to our network.
- Record donations in our donor database and record all communications with members.
- Thank donors for their contributions in a timely manner and include an IRS letter for each donation or membership fee received.
- Assist in the design of materials and letters, organize mailing lists, coordinate printing, and execute mailings.
- Add blog posts and events to AdkAction’s WordPress website as needed.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Send meeting reminders and coordinate board member participation
- Take minutes for the board meetings and conference calls
- Distribute minutes to the BOD and ED for review within two weeks of the meeting and save the final version of the minutes in Dropbox at least one-week before the next meeting.
- Coordinate donations for the Silent Auction each year
- Collect mail and make bank deposits
- Enter transactions in Quickbooks
- Assist in the Membership Renewal Process
- Publish IRS Acknowledgement letters
- Provide year-end copies of IRS letters to donors upon request
- Help ED find current mailing addresses and email addresses for prospects
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications must be submitted by July 19, 2019. Work is anticipated to begin on or around August 1, 2019. Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to Brittany Christenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a .pdf of this job posting here: Operations Assistant Job Posting