AdkAction is excited to announce that we are launching new Fair Food Pricing (FFP) options to make local food affordable and accessible, including low-cost or free farm shares.
We are partnering with Tangleroot Farm in Essex and White Rainbow Farm in Peru to make vegetable subscriptions, also known as Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shares, eligible for Fair Food Pricing. Participants will receive a mixed box of 5-7 fresh, organic produce items each week. Produce varies depending on what is in season, but are likely to include lettuce, beets, eggplant, onions, peas, spinach, kale, tomatoes, squash, carrots, and many other items. Farms will provide suggestions and recipes for unfamiliar vegetables.
CSA shares are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
Tangleroot Farm in Essex, NY
- Who can participate? Community members in or near Willsboro, Westport, Lewis, and Elizabethtown.
- When do I get my share? Every Friday, from June 18th through October 1st.
- Where do I get my share? Tangleroot Farm will deliver to your home for free. (You must be in or near Westport, Willsboro, Lewis, and Elizabethtown)
- How much do I have to pay? Depending on your family size, FFP may cover the entire cost of the CSA share (worth $400).
Apply for a low or no-cost Tangleroot Farm CSA
White Rainbow Farm in Peru, NY
- Who can participate? Community members who can pick up their share each week at the farm in Schuyler Falls/Peru (844 Route 22B, Peru NY 12972).
- When do I get my share? Every Monday between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, from June 14th through October 25th.
- Where do I get my share? You must be able to pick up your share at the farm in Schuyler Falls.
- How much do I have to pay? Depending on your family size, FFP may cover the entire cost of the CSA share (worth $450).
Apply for a low or no-cost White Rainbow Farm CSA
Find us at the Farmers Market!
AdkAction will be at both the Saranac Lake Farmers Market (Saturdays) and the Lake Placid Farmers Market (Wednesdays) this year. At our table, people can sign up for Fair Food Pricing, use their SNAP EBT cards to get tokens that can be used at the market, swap a full compost bucket for an empty one, and even pick up some free wildflower seeds to grow pollinator habitat. Stop at our tent to say hello to our staff, interns, and volunteers who will be tending market tables this summer.
Interested in volunteering with AdkAction at the farmers markets? Please use the Farmers Market Volunteer Sign-Up to claim any specific dates you want to volunteer during the season. If you have not used this form before, you will need to enter your name, email address, and phone number to sign up. There is a separate tab for each market’s sign-up form. Can’t make it to a training session but still want to volunteer at the market? We will make sure you get an orientation during your first time slot.
Thank you to Adirondack Foundation and Cloudsplitter Foundation for supporting the Fair Food Pricing program!