The 2019 North Country Locavore Challenge was a huge success, with over 50 participants for the week-long event. Every meal and snack for the seven-day challenge was sourced from within a 100-mile radius of participation, with a focus on the farms in the immediate area. Participants received a Locavore Toolkit featuring meal plans, tips on local substitutes, a map of local vendors and a few cooking tips for local recipes. During the challenge a daily email was sent, offering recipe ideas, encouragement, and other tips and suggestions for “locavores” to make it through the week. The emails with tips and inspiration for the challenge are available at the links below:
- 07/28/2019 – Day 7 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/27/2019 – Day 6 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/26/2019 – Day 5 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/25/2019 – Day 4 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/24/2019 – Day 3 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/23/2019 – Day 2 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/22/2019 – Day 1 of the Locavore Challenge
- 07/20/2019 – 2 days until the Locavore Challenge! Are you ready?
- 07/19/2019 – 2019 North Country Locavore Challenge
- 07/15/2019 – AdkAction’s Locavore Toolkit- 7 day countdown!
Thanks to everyone who helped make our first-ever Locavore Challenge in the North Country a success. If you would like to sign up to receive updates to participate in the 2020 Challenge, please subscribe to our Locavore list here. However, you don’t have to wait for next year’s challenge to eat local! We encourage everyone to eat local food as much as possible to support the farmers, bolster our local economy, save fossil fuels, and to enjoy the nutrient and flavor benefits. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of the Locavore Toolkit anytime for help incorporating more local food into your diet.