Drive-In Annual Meeting
September 24 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
AdkAction’s Drive-In Annual Meeting will be held at The Wild Center, September 24, 2020. The main portion of the meeting will be held as a Drive-In Movie, with the option to get out of your car to explore the outdoor Wild Walk before the sun goes down. We’re committed to making sure everyone can have a fun and safe experience, and are grateful to The Wild Center for allowing us the opportunity to have an in-person event!
Here’s what to expect when you arrive:
- Check in at the Wild Center’s welcome booth, following their COVID protocol.
- You must wear a face covering at all times that you are not in your car.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance from other guests. Avoid congregating in large groups.
- You will receive your welcome bag with some movie snacks and nonalcoholic beverages to enjoy during the meeting, gifts, and raffle tickets that you can purchase.
About the Raffle: Tickets are 1 for $10 or 10 for only$40. The more raffle tickets you buy, the more likely you are to go home with a prize! We will have a basket to drop raffle tickets and payment in. We will also come around to the cars to sell and collect raffle tickets before the drawing.
Raffle prizes include gift certificates to: Hex and Hops Brewery, Nori’s Village Market, Amado Restaurant, Depot Theater, Left Bank Café, Adirondack Store, Barley Sandwich Public House, Lakeview Deli, Revolution Rail, Ausable Brewing Company, Mace Chasm Farm, North Country Creamery, and Mossbrook Flowers & Gifts.
- Staff will then direct you to the drive-in movie field to park your car. If you arrive early (4:00 to 5:00) you are welcome to explore the Wild Walk, provided you adhere to the following rules:
- When passing others on the Wild Walk, please walk single-file to allow space for physical distancing.
- The total number of guests on the Wild Walk is limited to 50. Please arrive early if you wish to visit the Wild Walk.
- Return to your cars by 5:30 p.m. for the start of the official meeting. Videos will be projected on the movie screen. Both pre-recorded and live audio will be received through your car radio on 92.3 FM.
- Tip: test your car’s radio with all exterior lights off (including daytime running lights) before attending the event, so you don’t have to figure it out on the spot. For many cars, engaging the parking brake will turn off daytime running lights. If you prefer to leave your car completely off, you may consider bringing a portable radio to tune in.
- Rain Date: if the weather is looking particularly grim for Thursday, September 24th, the meeting will be postponed to Friday, September 25th. We’ll notify all attendees of any change in schedule no later than 7:00 a.m. on the 24th.