The past months have been full of activity for AdkAction’s small team of employees and summer interns, not to mention the 120+ volunteers who brought energy and enthusiasm to make real, tangible progress in many of our project areas. As the first leaves start to turn to their autumn colors, we want to take this opportunity to share some of the best photos we’ve taken this summer.
- We planted 10 new community pollinator gardens and 4 home pollinator gardens (If you want a pollinator garden at your home, you can bid on one in our online auction!)
- Our Fair Food Pricing program now subsidizes the cost of more than 200 meals per week for local families, and we held cooking classes to utilize local produce.
- We helped form the North Country Broadband Alliance and pioneered household level mapping efforts to ensure that all no households in the Adirondacks are left without internet access.
- Our Inaugural Tom Boothe Adirondack intern launched a community garden project.
- We have attended the Saranac Lake and Lake Placid Farmers’ Markets every week to facilitate the use of available food access tools to purchase locally produced food.
- An estimated 500 festival-goers enjoyed the arts at our Keeseville Community Arts Festival, and helped us paint a 90-foot mural.
- We celebrated AdkAction’s 10th birthday party during our Annual Meeting at John Brown Farm.